Here are some tips to help you to get the most out of DivineMatch.
1. Making the Right Impression
Looks aren't everything but everyone loves photos so having a good photo with your profile is essential. Now don't be shy here people! God loves variety and has created us all as one offs; we're all shapes, colours, ages and sizes but we're all beautiful because everyone is made in his image.
There's no need for studio shots unless you want them done. Just ask a friend to get clicking! Here are some tips for a good photo:
- A head and shoulders shot works best.
- Make sure the photo is well lit and clearly shows your face.
- Does your photo really look like you? It should!
- Remember to smile! We all respond better to a cheerful face.
The next step is to get your profile right. The profile gives you the chance to showcase your personality and interests without disclosing any of your personal details. To get the most out of the website spend some time on each section of your profile.
Here are some tips for a good profile:
- Be honest. Any good relationship is based on honesty so don't be tempted to bend the truth. People want to see the real you.
- Be creative. There are open questions in the profile section, and these give you the chance to put things in your own words. Take these opportunities to be creative and make your profile stand out from the crowd.
- Remember to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...!
Me in the Blogosphere
Never kept a blog before? DivineMatch offers you the chance to try it out. Blogs are a great way of expressing yourself and add another dimension to your profile. You can post your thoughts, comments or news on your online journal. Whether it's your philosophy on life, an insight into your interesting hobby or just what you had for breakfast this morning, share it with the DivineMatch community. Just remember to keep it decent! And stay safe by not divulging any specifics like your address or phone number, or your place of work.
What's on your mind today? Why not start blogging now!
2. Get Involved
Getting involved in the DivineMatch community is easy, fun, safe and gives you the chance to meet some exciting new people.
Here are ways you can start to get involved:
- Firstly of course you need to add your own profile and photo.
- Find some profiles you like and get messaging.
- Make someone's day by sending an online gift to another member.
- Sign up for our regular newsletter.
- Attend one of our events.
3. Your Safety Online
DivineMatch is an easy, fun and safe way to find like-minded single Christians. We have put together a few online safety tips to help it stay that way.
- Always protect your identity. Don't give out your real name, phone numbers, email address, place of work or any identifying information until you are comfortable to do so.
- Block and report. We strongly advise you to make use of the block facility provided and to report any member who is acting inappropriately.
- Guard your financial information. Please notify us immediately if another member asks you for money or attempts to sell any merchandise or service.
- Choose an appropriate username. Be careful not to include any personal details in your username and don't use any sexual connotations. Although this will get you noticed, it will be by the wrong people!
4. Your Safety Offline
Meeting up with members will be the natural way to grow a relationship. DivineMatch provides a range of events which are a great way to meet with other members in a fun, safe and relaxed environment. We STRONGLY suggest you use these events so that you can meet other members in a group context until you get to know more about another member.
If and when you decide to meet, we have put together some tips to help you to make sure that your meetings are exciting and safe experiences.
- Make sure you have spent some time getting to know the person through the website first.
- Get as many details about the person as possible before meeting, and ask more questions of people who are vague.
- Pray before arranging a meeting. Why not get your friends to pray with you too? What is God saying about this meeting? Don't arrange anything if you feel uneasy or don't have a peace about it.
- Meet in a public place and take a friend to support you. This will make the experience more relaxed as well as safe. Don't agree to meet at his or her home and stay in a public place even if you are pressured.
- Get yourself to and from the meeting and don't ask the other person to pick you up or drop you off. Ask a friend to drive you if necessary or take a taxi.
- Don't leave personal belongings or drinks unattended and stick to non-alcoholic drinks for the first couple of meetings.
- Beware of people who mention how broke they are, or try to persuade you to give them money in any way. As with online encounters, any member asking for money should be reported.
- Beware of people who pledge their undying love after a first meeting or even after several conversations online!